Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Big Ups

Due to familial obligations the weekend before and a Cubs nightgame (and last win grrrrrr) falling on my actual birthday May 1 and requiring my attendance, this past weekend turned out to be the official celebration of my 28th birthday and it was, to quote Peter Griffin, "Freakin' Sweet!".

Friday night Em-dina took me to Topolobampo for my belated Birthday dinner and we ended up having dinner with James Bond* who was in town filming Butterfly on a Wheel. I had the tasting menu which had each course paired with a different type of wine and it was incredibly good.

Saturday Em-dina threw Krafty (who shares a May 1 birthday) and I a birthday party. It was a rousing success that saw an absurd amount of alcohol consumed. Good times were had by all.

Big ups go out to Em-dina for an absolutely fabulous weekend and great birthday gifts, Tim for bringing over the grill, hooking up a brother with some golf shwag and a sweet bottle of Austrian bubbly, Brix for the crazy gifts, Speedy for the late night cup run, my sister's boyfriend Jay who not only grilled for everyone but ran down to the corner to resupply the party with Vodka and Jager after the three 1.75L bottles of Vodka and 2 1.75L of Jager were out and everyone who participated and helped make it a great time.

It truly was an impressive performance. Thanks!

*- and by 'having dinner with' I meant 'ate a couple tables away from' and by 'James Bond' I meant Pierce Brosnan.

Filed in: