Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ear Candy

Some of you might already know this but 2005 has not been a hot time for my personal electronics. Over the last 4 or 5 months I've lost/broken/had fail : 30Gb iPod, iBook, numerous HDD's in my desktop, cellphone, digital camera, and car radio.

The loss that affected me most has been my iPod. There has been a ton of good music that has been released and that I've acquired but haven't had a chance to listen to more than a few times. This usually results in me simply forgetting about it and then stumbling across it later when my playlist on my Shuffle is stale.

The reason I mention this is because, even though I bought the album when it was released, I've finally gotten around to giving The White Stripes Get Behind Me Satan a thorough listening and I was left with one question. Why haven't I flipped out about this album and blabber on about this band to everyone I know? Get Behind me Satan has a strange duality about it. The expansion of their sound and song writing shows growth but the refinement of their bluesy-punk guitar and drum dynamic keeps them from having to ditch what makes the band unique.

Favorite tracks:
The Denial Twist
My Doorbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home