Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday High Fives (2/24/06)

This week's five items, ideas, and individuals that I am thankful for, appreciate, or admire.

Kurt Vonnegut
Came out of retirement to put out one last book lambasting GDub recently which, while I am absolutely not a fan of the President, came across a little too bitter but still a long time favorite. I've seen him speak a couple of times and have been more than impressed. At 82 he's lived a big life and I wish that his last book wasn't so spiteful but I guess the man earned the right.

GMail Talk
The ultimate work productivity killer could become even more deadly when they add group chat.

The Democracy Player
A media player that provides the simplest way to automagically download your favorite TV shows. You can set it up to never miss another show and not have to jump through a bunch of hoops to do it.

Cubs Tickets
The online ticketing is a frustrating PITA for a number of reasons but I managed to get a pair of decent seats for the Sunday night game opening weekend vs. the hated Redbirds, 6 tickets on my birthday a couple rows off the right field bullpen and some bleacher seats for Saturday May 13th vs. the Padres. Let's hope we're not out of it by then.

Fox and Obel
The gourmet food shop for gourmands. Little pricey but always has great items and fresh goodies that you can't find elsewhere and looking to expand into my neighborhood. Invaluable resource for gourmet cooking.

Filed in: