Friday, December 23, 2005

Friday High Fives (12/23/05)

This week's five items, ideas, and individuals that I am thankful for, appreciate, or admire.

Heat

After sitting through -8 degree cold last Sunday night at the Bears game I would be hard pressed not to be thankful for having a condo with heat to warm my bones. I know everyone has been hit up for money this year for some charitable cause given all the distaters we've experienced but I'd like to offer a couple more for your consideration. Warm Wishes which accepts warm blankets, comforters, and sleeping bags as well as cash donations and Southwest Chicago P.A.D.S. which is a homeless shelter providing meals, shelter, and blankets.

Holiday Parties
Last weekend Tim, ElShocker, and I picked the reigns after Gate had to be in London for business. Fun was had by all and we drank every ounce of alcohol in ElShocker's apartment except for the Nog that someone insisted on making (seriously does anyone under the age of 50 like Egg Nog?) and didn't even cause any damage. Nothing like the holidays to put everyone in a festive mood and mistletoe can't hold a candle to 12 bottles of wine and two gallons of champagne punch.

Dirk's Fish & Gourmet Shop
Kiddo and I had our faux-Christmas Wednesday night because she was flying back home on Thursday and for dinner I cooked Swordfish with a balsamic brown butter sauce which was really, really good. I get all my seafood from Dirk's because not only is their selection ultra-fresh they really make shopping there a treat with a friendly staff and great customer service. Make sure to check them out.

James Bond marathons
SpikeTV is showing the 008 Days of 007 right now and seem to have picked up the torch from TBS who use to show the 12 Days of Bond conveniently during finals while I was an undergrad. I've seen them all and still find myself sucked in when flipping through the channels. It'll be interesting to see how the new Bond, Daniel Craig, does. I really think Eon Productions dropped the ball in not naming Clive Owen to be the new 007. He is gritty, can be both tough and suave, and chicks dig him. Exactly the type of actor who can pull off what Ian Fleming envisioned.

Colbert Report

I didn't like the show at first but it has really grown on me. Sometimes Colbert lays it on a little thick but I think that the show will find its stride and it does make for a good sidekick to the Daily Show.

Filed in:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home